Stratford Public Library’s Mission Statement
An equitable, safe and welcoming environment where anyone can explore, learn, create and connect.
We’re here for you…
The library is a vibrant community hub and favourite destination where personable, knowledgeable and progressive staff, provide innovative and interactive programs and services to anyone.
Or you can take us with you…
With robust technology and engaging on-line spaces, the library transforms community life by inspiring and enabling literacy, curiosity, creativity and change.
To refresh your spirit.
The library is essential to community life because of its deeply inclusive and collaborative approach to making this a better place to live.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- intellectual freedom, and access to knowledge for all;
- treating everyone with dignity, respect, courtesy and compassion;
- providing quality service without bias;
- encouraging innovation and personal development;
- recognizing and valuing the contributions of volunteers;
- appreciating and responding to the diversity of our community.
- Provide Leadership in Establishing a Community Technology Commons
- Create a Culture of Continuous Improvement & Community Collaboration
- Launch a Re-branding Campaign
- Address Facility Needs
Approved by the Stratford Public Library Board February 19, 2013
Contact: Julia Merritt